“International Airport Astana” JSC has developed infrastructure, compliant with international standards, and is capable of accepting all aircraft types. After reconstruction, we have 33 new facilities, including passenger terminal, cargo terminal, air traffic control building, fire-rescue stations, fuel depot with a testing lab, runway and taxiways etc
- Class of the airport-“B”, 24 hours operations
- PCN 79/F/C/X/T (asphalt-concrete pavement)
- Total area of apron – 332 000 sq.m.
- Number of aircraft parking stands-53
- ILS CAT III A which enables aircraft landing at lowest visibility levels–not available in any other airport in Central Asia
- State-of-the-art automated aviation meteorological system manufactured in Finland is also installed, it is certified by the International Aviation Committee, it meets the requirements of ICAO.
As of today, “International Airport Astana” JSC has all necessary equipment for providing high-quality ground handling services, such as: de-icing vehicles, ground power units, main deck highloaders, crew bus and passengers coaches, lavatory service vehicles, passenger stairs, catering lift vehicles, tow-pushback vehicles, tractors for baggage pallets and container dollies, air start units, snow removal vehicles ets. Also, every year we purchase different special vehicles, which enable us to provide high-level services for airlines
Total storage capacity of jet fuel tanks – 15200 tons. Fuel farm has a pump station, a laboratory for fuel testing and analysis with fuel hydrant system control center.
The hydrant system is capable to fuel a wide-body aircraft with 80 tons of jet fuel within 40 min..
Emergency rescue service
2 new firefighting stations were built and new “Mersedez” vehicles were purchased. Certified in accordance with ICAO CAT IX